Certified Application Security Engineer Java (case) overview
The Certified Application Security Engineer (CASE) credential is developed in partnership with large application and software development experts globally.
The CASE credential tests the critical security skills and knowledge required throughout a typical software development life cycle (SDLC), focusing on the importance of the implementation of secure methodologies and practices in today’s insecure operating environment.
CASE certified training program.
The CASE certified training program is developed concurrently to prepare software professionals with the necessary capabilities that are expected by employers and academia globally.It is designed to be a hands-on, comprehensive application security course that will help software professionals create secure applications.
The training program encompasses security activities involved in all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC): planning, creating, testing, and deploying an application.
Unlike other application security trainings, CASE goes beyond just the guidelines on secure coding practices and includes secure requirement gathering, robust application design, and handling security issues in post development phases of application development.
This makes CASE one of the most comprehensive certifications on the market today. It is desired by software application engineers, analysts, testers globally, and respected by hiring authorities.
According to the 2017 State of Software Security Report, nearly 90% of Java applications contain one or more vulnerable component/s, making them ideal breach points for hostile attackers.
Although Java has come a long way from its development in 1995, cyber crime has also spread, reaching epidemic levels, increasing the need for secure Java developers, regardless of whether they’re creating a new program or upgrading revising an old one.
Total Training: 24 hours or 3 full-day sessions
All attendees will receive their personal copy of the CASE courseware, an EC-Council CASE exam voucher, and access to iLabs (EC-Council’s cloud-driven labs environment)
The CASE exam can be challenged after attending the official CASE training. Candidates that successfully pass the exam will receive their CASE certificate and membership privileges. Members are expected to adhere to the policies of EC-Council’s Continuing Education Requirements.
What you will learn
- Understanding Application Security, Threats, and Attacks
- Security Requirements Gathering
- Secure Application Design and Architecture
- Secure Coding Practices for Input Validation
- Secure Coding Practices for Authentication and Authorization
- Secure Coding Practices for Cryptography
- Secure Coding Practices for Session Management
- Secure Coding Practices for Error Handling
- Static and Dynamic Application Security Testing (SAST & DAST)
- Secure Deployment and Maintenance
- Java Developers with a minimum of 2 years of experience and individuals who want to become application security engineers/analysts/testers
- Individuals involved in the role of developing, testing, managing, or protecting wide area of applications