Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure (20413) Overview
Get hands-on instruction and practice planning, designing and deploying a physical and logical Windows Server® 2012 R2 enterprise infrastructure in this 5-day Microsoft Official course. This course is part one in a series of two courses that provides the skills and knowledge necessary to design and implement a Windows Server 2012 R2 infrastructure in an enterprise environment. The two courses collectively cover designing, planning, deploying, securing, monitoring, automating, and virtualizing an enterprise server infrastructure. This course covers the knowledge and skills needed to provide an enterprise solution that supports manual and automated server installations in a physical and virtual environment including the supporting file and storage services. You will also learn the skills necessary to provide enterprise networking solutions such as DHCP, IPAM, VPN, and DirectAccess. You will also learn the skills necessary to design and implement a forest and domain infrastructure including multi domains/forest and branch office scenarios. This course maps directly to and is the preferred choice for hands-on preparation for Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Exam 413: Designing and Implementing and Server Infrastructure, which is the fourth of five exams required for MCSE: Server Infrastructure certification.
NOTE: Labs in this course are based on Windows Server 2012 R2 and System Center 2012 R2. This course is designed for experienced IT professionals who support medium to large enterprises and have experience administering Windows Server 2012 R2 and have an MCSA: Windows Server 2012 certification or equivalent skills.
This course is intended for IT professionals who are responsible for planning, designing, and deploying a physical and a logical Windows Server 2012 enterprise Active Directory® Domain Services (AD DS) infrastructure including the network services necessary. They have experience of previous Windows Server operating systems and possess Windows Server 2012 certification Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or equivalent skills. The course is also intended for IT professionals who are looking to take the exam 70-413: Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure, as a stand-alone, or as part of the requirement for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Server Infrastructure Certification.
Instructor Led Learning
Duration: 5 Days
Registration Open Now!
Duration: 5 Days
Registration Open Now!
Candidates for this course have good Windows client and server operating system knowledge and basic AD DS and networking experience in an enterprise/small business (SMB) environment together with application configuration experience.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- A good understanding of Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) fundamentals and networking concepts.
- A good working knowledge of both Windows Server 2012 R2 and Active Directory® Domain Services (AD DS). For example, domain user accounts, domain vs. local user accounts, user profiles, and group membership.
- A good understanding of both scripts and batch files.
- A solid understanding of security concepts, such as authentication and authorization.
- Familiarity with deployment, packaging, and imaging tools.
- Ability to work in a team/virtual team.
- Ability to produce good documentation and have the appropriate communication skills to create proposals and make budget recommendations.
- Knowledge equivalent to Windows 2012 R2 MCSA.
Students who attend this training can meet the prerequisites by attending the following courses, or obtaining equivalent knowledge and skills:
- 20410D: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
- 20411D: Administering Windows Server 2012
- 20412D: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services
- 20417D: Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012