Take your computer skills to the next level!
The CBP Computer Technology Specialist Certification provides the business professional with working knowledge of the essential computer technology concepts required to survive in today’s technological workplace.
This certification covers a wide range of computer technologies such as computer architecture, software applications, networking, Internet technologies, electronic commerce, computer health and safety, computer security and law.
CBP - Computer Technology Specialist
Introduction to Computers
- The Computer
- Types of Computers
- PCs: Desktops, Laptops, Tablet PCs, Handheld Computers & PDAs
- Mainframe Computers
- Centralized Computing
PC Architecture & Components
- PC Architecture
- Computer Case & Power Supply Unit
- System Board & Expansion Slots
- Central Processing Unit (CPU)
- Computer Memory
- Video Card
- BIOS Chip & CMOS Memory Chip
- The PC Boot Sequence
Computer Storage Systems
- Computer Storage Solutions
- Hard Drive Storage
- Floppy Drives & Usage Guidelines
- CD-ROM & CD Usage Guidelines
- CD-ROM/CD-RW Drive Speeds
- DVD-ROM Drives & Usage Guidelines
- Tape Backup Drives
- USB Disk & Flash Storage
- Input Devices: The Keyboard, The Mouse, Pointing Devices
- Other Input Devices: Scanners, Digital Cameras & Microphones
- Output Devices: Monitors
- Printers: Dot-Matrix Printers, Inkjet & Bubble Jet Printers & Laser Printers
- Plotters & Speakers
- Connecting Input/Output Devices: Serial, Parallel, Universal Serial Bus, SCSI & FireWire Connection
What course next:
Microsoft Office Course »
• Introduction to Computers
• PC Architecture & Components
• Computer Storage Systems
• Input/Output Devices
Fill in your details below and one of our career specialists will assist you with your study needsSorry, your message could not be sent. Please check your details. Please complete all fields.
For your request, one of our career specialists will assist you with your study needs.
It’s very fun and interesting. Love It!!
I will recommend MasterGrade IT to anyone that is serious about getting certification.
Very informative; Excel is a great course to start off with. I like the neat classrooms and the personal attention!
I enjoyed doing the course in my own time!