Lead your team towards greatness!
This module will introduce you to the requirements of leaders and assist you in developing the skills and characteristics needed for effective leadership.
The leadership module covers all of the essentials of today’s leaders. This is a hands-on and interactive module that uses real life scenarios to develop practical leadership skills.
CBP - Leadership
Introduction to effective leadership
- What is leadership?
- The definition of a leader
- The definition of a follower
- Characteristics – features that distinguish effective leaders
- Skill – a developing talent or ability
- Developing a vision
- Developing a mission
- Working towards achieving goals
- Building a cohesive team
- Identifying and meeting team needs
- Set standards for measuring team performance
- Everyone can be a leader
- Circumstances shape leaders
- Leaders embrace responsibility
- Clear goals
- Leadership vs. Managing
Choosing the appropriate leadership style
- The transitionary nature of leadership
- Leadership styles
- Relational support
- Function support
- Telling - high functional, low functional
- Selling - high functional, low functional
- Participating – low functional, high functional
- Delegating - low functional, high functional
- The follower
- Committed novice – low capability, high motivation
- Committed expert – high motivation – high capability
- Uncommitted novice –low capability- low motivation
- Uncommitted expert –high motivation – low capability
- Situational leadership
Developing a vision and a mission
- Direction and destination
- What are values?
- Vision quest
- Mission statement
- Develop a mission plan
- Effectively communication vision as a leader
Effective decision making
- Problem identification & analysis
- Recommending problem resolution guidelines
- Problem resolution
- Establishing decision making criteria
- Rating criteria
- Risk analysis
- Cost factors- what are the costs of implementing the decision?
- Problem resolution
- Implementing your decision
Team motivating for leaders
- Team building
- Missions, goals, objectives
- Team member selection
- Team selections
- Team communication
- Motivating teams
What course next:
• Introduction to effective leadership
• Choosing the appropriate leadership style
• Developing a vision and a mission
• Effective decision making
• Team motivating for leaders
Fill in your details below and one of our career specialists will assist you with your study needsSorry, your message could not be sent. Please check your details. Please complete all fields.
For your request, one of our career specialists will assist you with your study needs.
It’s very fun and interesting. Love It!!
I will recommend MasterGrade IT to anyone that is serious about getting certification.
Very informative; Excel is a great course to start off with. I like the neat classrooms and the personal attention!
I enjoyed doing the course in my own time!